High School Rise to Glory High School Rise to Glory

Your gonna be a big-time animator...

If you're still learning Flash, then you're a quick learner. You even realize that it takes TIME to make a properly executed game. A lot of people just pull something out of their asses and call it a masterpiece. If you continue practicing your skills in Flash, you may become the next "Will Stamper."

Graphics - 7
Your graphics are good enough to tell what's what and who's who, but the outlines are a bit jagged. Try smoothing them out a bit. Other than that, great job!

Style - 6
You have a Tom Fulp-like style. I guess I say that because this game reminds me so much of Pico. Although your characters are all more realistically figured than the Pico characters in Pico 1.

Sound - 5
The file size of this movie is pretty big. I'd say the music is the biggest problem there. It needs to be compressed. It doesn't have to sound high quality, you just need to be able to hear it. Try compressing the music better in any future works. Other than that, the sounds were nicely incorporated into the movie.

Violence - 9
A school fight. A school shooting. Making fun of some guy. The violence is nicely done in this movie. And sadly, it reflects the way our schools are today. Sucks doesn't it?

Interactivity - 10
Preloader, Play & Replay, Go Here, Go there, Talk (different comments you can make), items. This pretty much has all it needs.

Humor - 7
Making fun of the bathroom guy was pretty funny. The sign in the library, and the humorously placed Pico character was also pretty good. Also, the lunch menu sign was funny too. I like this game.

Overall - 7
This is a nicely done game for a starter. KEEP GOING! REALLY! KEEP GOING! YOUR WORK IS GREAT! YOU'LL KEEP GETTING BETTER IF YOU KEEP PRACTICING! YOU ALREADY HAVE A GREAT START!

cLeM007 responds:

Thank you I highly appreciate the review

Laboratory Laboratory

Very cool game

I like this game. It is really cool. However, more combinations of chemicals and more stuff to work with would GREATLY improve its score!

Graphics - 5
Your graphics are pretty good. However, try experimenting with perspective to create a better sense of depth.

Style - 6
The animation is decently done. However, try to make the animation of the chemicals pouring into the bunsen burner cup instead of it just disappearing from the thin tubes and appearing in the cup.

Sound - 6
The sound is well optimized which counts GREATLY in your score. However, speaking more clearly would help. Trust me, the quality is NOT the problem, just improve the diction and pronunciation in the voiceover and the problem should be solved! :)

Violence - 0
N/A

Interactivity - 8
This game allows the user to interact with different combinations of chemicals. However, more should be added to make it more interesting. If it gets confusing (combinations in general are confusing for many people) make a combination tree.

Humor - 7
The humor for each outcome is good for some giggles and small laughs. However, more outcomes would make them more repeatable and stay funny.

Overall - 7
This game is pretty cool. Make some more!

handy-andy73 responds:

Hey thanks for the very thorough review. It was my first attempt at using Flash so its really good to get that sort of feedback. I was aware of many of the limitations you mention but as it was a project for college with a deadline, I simply ran out of time to extend it in the ways you suggested (more outcomes etc) Thanks again for your time.

HTF Easter Smoochie HTF Easter Smoochie

Excellent!

This game is an excellent show of humor!
The graphics were VERY well illustrated for a cartoon.
The cartoonish style and EXTREMELY fluent animation flow very well with what I like to call "Innocent Violence" and (Innocent looking characters that are brutal, or get brutally harmed) are an example of truly well done Flash work!
The sounds went well with the cute and innocent looking character.
The fact that I get to choose which way the character gets to die is fun in a sadistic way, but nonetheless its very interactive!
The humor is extremely cartoonish but at the same time sick to those who aren't into this game's theme.
Overall, this movie is a 9. Its the same as a 10, but now I just think that there is no such thing as the best movie or game on newgrounds, because there will always be something else that will top it.